Thursday, January 6, 2011

Being a Wife

I realize that my posting has been lame and I barely write in here anymore, but I definitely feel like this will be a really great outlet when Joel leaves. So hopefully I can say this will be the post of many more to come... I figure now would be a good time to list all the things I LOVE about being a wife! First of all I have to say, I absolutely love falling asleep with toes touching =] Its cute that Joel wont fall asleep unless he is touching me somehow, whether he throws his whole leg on me, touches toes, or just puts his hand on my back, I feel so loved when he does that =] But ok Ill make this list like cause there are a ton!

Things I love about being a wife are....

  • Cooking because its extremely fun to find recipes and see his reaction with the first bite!
  • Cleaning because I am super OCD when it comes to clutter and I just love the fresh scent of cleaning supplies!
  • Laundry because it goes along with cleaning and I love it when the closet is full and clothes are stacked neatly! [OCD I SWEAR!] and because I know he appreciates his cammies being fresh :]
  • Bills because I feel better knowing that I can do them when Joel goes on deployments, and its just one less thing my hubby has to worry about... hes got enough on his plate.
  • Waking up to an alarm clock at 4 in the morning because it gives me relief that its not me having to go PT! ;] 
  • Decorating the place because I know I have way better taste than dear ol Joel so I have free reign of how I want things to look [okay okay, I let him give some input :] he did help with the comforter surprisingly!]
  • Mr. and MRS. because it feels more important to have that title ;]
  • Becoming part of a wonderful family because without them... well... who would I be right?
It will be so nice when we have our own place, no more roommates, just us. Im sure I will have plenty more reasons to love being a wife... and along with that will come reasons I will want to give some of my responsibilities as a wife away haha, but the good will always outweigh the bad :].... until we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. and what a wonderful wife you! i'm really interested to know if cooking, cleaning, and laundry are still going to be on your list in a few years. your amazing and joel is blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am interested to know too... as of right now I actually MISS it.

    ReplyDelete