Saturday, February 26, 2011

Letters from boot...

Well, I am having so much down time with my wisdom teeth getting pulled and everything that I decided I would go back and read my letters from boot camp! Wow does it take me back. Its funny to look at them now considering I felt like I was dying then, and now I have 6 months to go... not even getting letters. Sometimes I think about how different our lives would be if he didn't join. Honestly, it would be completely different. We would both be going to college, not married, still living in Arizona, I would be at NAU for Dental Hygiene, he would be playing football at MCC and trying to get into firefighting. We have had to face so many challenges in our relationship but I wouldn't change any of it. I have learned that every day spent with him is the best day of my life. Obviously he makes me crazy most days =] But I love him the same no matter what. When Joel is gone its almost like a time for reflection. I sit there and look at our relationship and think of all the things I want to do better when he gets back, we are not perfect, far from it, but I can learn to appreciate the times we have apart, for us to grow as individuals and create goals beyond each other. We both need our independence just as much as our dependence. Deployment has taught me how to do a ton of things on my own. Granted it would be nice to do them with Joel, but I can accept what we have chosen for our lives and if it means doing things on my own then so be it. It is all going to be worth it when I am back in his arms again come August <3


108 Pages, Promised I would write every day =]




Lost the mail key a couple times... Panicked just the same every time! 







Haha maybe this was cruel... To start off a letter sounding like a "Dear John" =P




Then, Now, Forever <3




No comments:

Post a Comment