Friday, March 18, 2011

Gone, but will NEVER be forgotten.

Steele Meis.
It didn’t take long before I felt like you were my brother. Instantly I knew we would get along, we both thought Joel was nuts, what more can I say =] I sit here and think about the short time that I got to know you, and its amazing how close we got. When I would get on facebook, I would first look to see if Joel was on, and then second, you. I got to talk to you more than I got to talk to Joel! Which was horrible for me at the time, but I enjoyed every second that I did get to laugh and joke around with you. To think it all started with a phone call, and from that day I would forever be Touchdown to you, and I was too lame to think of a nick name for you haha. I remember before I moved out there when we were all back in North Carolina and we got to have that first deep conversation when everyone fell asleep in the barracks, and we discussed your lady troubles =] haha I always told you that you were an idiot and you were terrible with girls =] and you were! But its ok… you were just being a guy! Sorry I got on your case so much, I just wanted to make sure you were gonna be happy! And I finally set you up with a girl, after all this time that I told you I would, and you start dating someone, just my luck! Haha then I remember when I moved out there, and you helped Joel and I move all of our stuff to storage and I made you and Ruth cookies, and you ate them right up, lol you were more excited to eat your cookies than to help us move! Haha I forgive you, they were tasty =] Also remember that night Joel was getting his head shaved and we were just hanging out having another one of those real talks. Its funny that I could so easily open up to you and we had a mutual understanding about everything. And you gave me a beer after I said I hate beer and told me I better not waste it, cause it was your last bottle lol… I almost did… but I didn’t wanna waste your bottle so yes that motivating chug of half the bottle before Joel and I left was for your sake =] I honestly feel like I lost my brother all over again. We talked about the things that mattered to us and never judged each other for it, just like family should. At first I thought you were going to think I was nutso for talking about Joel all the time, but I think you loved Joel as much as I did because you were always up for the convo! Haha somehow it always turned into us laughing at him, about his stupid faces, and his adorable smile. And how we cant stay mad at him even if he does the dumbest stuff =] And thank you for giving him his spanks for his birthday, lol I knew that when you said “Don’t fret, the next time I see him his pants are coming down and Im bending him over my knee”, I had nothing to worry about! Haha just going through all the things we talked about makes me smile, haha when I told you that you should get married pay because you had to deal with me more than Joel did, lol, stand in husband. And I wish you could have taken your Spanish classes like you wanted, haha you were supposed to come back and I was supposed to get you drunk and “shit would get real interesting” with your Spanish =] Oh and all those people we hate that “complain cause her boyfriend is talking to another girl or that the have work at 9 in the morning.” Hahaha and you got me hooked on “very well then” =] If it wasn’t for you I would not have a clue what was going on there. Now I have to go another 5 months of being clueless. You helped keep me sane and made me laugh on those tough days. I wish we had more time, I wish you could have come back with your men and we could have continued to be so close. We talked about how awesome it was going to be when you got back, and how Joel and I were going to have the get together house and you all would come over all the time =] and how awesome the welcome home party was gonna be. Steele I miss you. You said I was the sister you never had, and Steele, you were the brother that I didn’t get a chance to have. I don’t know how to accept this. I will forever be your sister. I promise you that. You are forever engraved in my heart and will never be forgotten.









Rest In Peace
February 1, 1991-March 17, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Made me cry...correction bawl! RIP
    Praying that the rest of them return safe!

    ReplyDelete