Sunday, September 12, 2010
Marriage
So I've been thinking... You know, who is it who determines what age is the right age to get married. I feel like I've got to battle people who question our motives for being married, or when people look at us and show doubt that we will make it. I understand that Joel and I haven't gone through many life experiences, and we are basically just starting out in the world. So why would it be so wrong to start out together, I get it, people change... but why would our love for each other have to? I've seen the way Joel makes decisions, just as Joel has seen the way I make decisions... and I know that he waits till the last minute, and I cant make a decision to save my life... but Im sure there is a married couple out there who is in the same boat as us, but oh if they are about 25 then its ok. Ive seen the way Joel is with his family, just as Joel has seen me with mine.... Joel is so loving and family means so much to him even when he makes fun of his sisters and cracks jokes with his parents and grandparents, and for me Joel see's how hard it is for me to live so far away from family and he see's how important it is to me... and thats something I will always love in him. Ive seen how Joel reacts in a disappointing or tough situations, just as Joel has seen how I react... Joel looks to the positive every time and if he doesn't look to the positive... well then he must be really angry haha but oh being positive is just being "naive" I guess, but in this case Joel is making me a stronger person to learn how to cope with things, but too, I have gone through a lot and I do see the reality about life, that somethings just don't last forever, and it's a fend for yourself type of world. But Joel and I are much more than that, we want to take care of each other and we will last forever. People act like you wont truly know someone unless you have lived together, or unless you are older, but why would God have planned it so that you shouldn't live together before marriage, and why would people have gotten married and had children when they were 13 ad 14 back in the old days... Who has the right to decide what age is the best age to get married. What does everyone think marriage is? Its like people don't realize what you are committing any more. I understand fully that I have committed to loving Joel even if he changes, because I have chosen to love him no matter what. And I will continue to chose to love him every day. I read something one time and it's something that everyone should ask themselves... Would you still love your husband if he wasnt as funny, if he wasnt as good looking, if he didnt have that charm, if he stopped buying you things, if he wasnt as smart.... See all of these things dont matter because they will fade out, but now you have chosen to love him even if all that stuff went away. So it's funny that people who waited till they were in their 20's get married and it's totally ok, and then they divorce just like everyone else in the world and usually thats ok too... and yet Joel and I are young and oh we are bound to get a divorce in 3 years. I just think that everyone is going to have their own path in life and apparently God has brought us down this path and thats the way it is, so if someone has doubts in us, please dont, just be happy for us, because we are happier then most couples out there, and we would like your support. THANKSS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Very inspiring. You seem to have an insight beyond your age and you express it very well. It is a battle in this day and culture when you go against the "normal," but who's to say whether the "normal" is right or wrong? It reminded me of this video of a story demonstrating the mystery of real love, as you briefly mentioned, which may be something hidden from many people. If you care to see the story, here's the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAGwH4L10s4
ReplyDelete