Thursday, June 3, 2010

ENGAGED!


So its official, we are engaged! I cant believe it! What a week I had, graduated high school and got engaged! Joel is so amazing =] So when I got to the air port in San Diego, Joel was there with a letter and on the outside of the envelope it said "I" and there was a little paragraph letter inside... i wasn't sure exactly what was going on but I thought that maybe he was just doing something sweet =] little did I know it was something MUCH BIGGER! So we pulled up to the Hyatt hotel right next to Sea World and went in and Joel said his friend was staying there and he had a discount for a room so he was gonna go get it while I waited in the lobby. Well I was waiting for a longg time, and finally he came down (luckily I had to pee because when he came down I was in the bathroom so since he already had a key for the room he didn't have to make something up at the front desk haha) so we went up to our room on the 17th floor, all the way at the top! When he opened the door there were candles lit all on the floor leading to this side table and out to the balcony. So on the side table there was another letter and the outside of it obviously it said "love" and had another paragraph letter in it. So then the big finale, I walked to the
balcony and on a little table were candles lit in a heart shape, flowers, a chariot box, and the last letter with "you" on the outside, and in this letter it had said that I was Cinderella and he wanted to be my prince charming so I had to open my chariot because my prince awaits =] I looked at him and looked at the chariot and started to open it half way and he got down on his knee and I didn't even open it all the way and because i was so shocked! haha so he opened it and asked me to marry him =] It was pretty awesome too, he said that when he got the room it was somewhere else but they said that since he was in the military and they knew he was proposing they upgraded our room to the nicest one they had! God works in mysterious ways ;] I am so happy to have a guy like Joel! Cannot waitt to start planning! Will figure out a date soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment